Default Diffie Hellman Parameters

neetish
Hi All,
In case no dh params are set and ECDHE-ECDSA type cipher is used, what is the default size of DH params  (what modulus) used on TLS handshake. I see that X25519 EC is getting used but I am not sure about DH parameters in that case
Thanks
Best Regards,
Neetish

Re: Default Diffie Hellman Parameters

OpenSSL - User mailing list

X25519 does not use DH parameters.

If you don’t set the parameters with a callback, or generate them and tell openssl to use them, then EDH will not be used.  Not that EDH is *not* the same as ECDHE.

Don’t use DH, use X25519, for a number of reasons.  Search “25519” to find more.