DES3 padding

a_k_
I am using the DES_ecb3_encrypt function of OpenSSL library for DES3 ECB encryption/decryption.
Can I use this function in order to decrypt strings encrypted by Java Cryptography Architecture API - DES3 ECB mode with the PKCS5Padding padding scheme?
What type of padding is used in the DES_ecb3_encrypt function?
What is PKCS5Padding padding?

Thank you very much in advance,
a_k_

Re: DES3 padding

Girish Venkatachalam
Padding is a standard enforced by encryption algos and
protocols and independent of language...

I suggest you use the openssl enc command line to
verify the padding with Java.

It will certainly work. Actually DES padding scheme is
very simple. It is only 4 lines of C code.

regards,
Girish

--- "a_k_ (sent by Nabble.com)" <[hidden email]>

http://www.nabble.com/DES3-padding-t1333697.html#a3563175