Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) Engine

Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) Engine

HORIZONT, Armin Stauber

Hi,

is there any plan or any current work to provide an engine for Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) e.g. by porting the existing capi engine?

Regards,

Armin

Re: Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) Engine

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
I have a branch where I've worked on such a thing.  It's still work in
progress, and I haven't looked at it for a while due to other things
having priority, but I intend to get back to it.

It won't be a straight port, as there are bits in there that are...
ugly, especially the ad-hoc controls to fetch stuff that the ENGINE
API doesn't have specific support for (certs and list of certs and
whatever other stuff I forget).  I'm replacing with support for the
OSSL_STORE API, so those things can be fetched in a better supported
manner.

Cheers,
Richard ( https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/3481 )

--