Creating new OIDs...

Manuel Gil Perez
Hi all,

I have a C++ application that uses OpenSSL as cryptographic library and I
need to create a new OID which will be used in my application.

The definition will be as follows:

  #define SN_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest   "id-ct-scvp-certValRequest"
  #define NID_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest  751
  #define OBJ_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest  OBJ_id_smime_ct,10L

This OID pertains to the SCVP draft.

How can I create this OID to be used in my application??

Thanks a lot !

------
Manuel Gil PĂ©rez
http://pki.dif.um.es

Re: Creating new OIDs...

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005, Manuel Gil Perez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a C++ application that uses OpenSSL as cryptographic library and I
> need to create a new OID which will be used in my application.
>
> The definition will be as follows:
>
>  #define SN_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest   "id-ct-scvp-certValRequest"
>  #define NID_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest  751
>  #define OBJ_id_ct_scvp_certValRequest  OBJ_id_smime_ct,10L
>
> This OID pertains to the SCVP draft.
>
> How can I create this OID to be used in my application??

OBJ_create() will dynamically create an OID but it will assign the next free
NID rather than one you specify.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.