Couple of questions regrading openssl engines

Couple of questions regrading openssl engines

Anil Gunturu
Do we have support for dynamic engines in 0.9.7c? Also, I was looking at the demo engines and they don't seem to specify all the methods. For example:
static RSA_METHOD ibmca_rsa =
        {
        "Ibmca RSA method",
        NULL,
        NULL,
        NULL,
        NULL,
        ibmca_rsa_mod_exp,
        ibmca_mod_exp_mont,
        NULL,
        NULL,
        0,
        NULL,
        NULL,
        NULL
        };

Do null values assume default methods?
Thanks,
-Anil

Yahoo! for Good

RE: Couple of questions regrading openssl engines

Frédéric Donnat-2
Hi,

Yes Null assume that default rsa_eay method is used (be carefull in openssl 0.9.8 RSA struct has change du to the key_generation method).

For exmaple if you do some RSA_pub_enc(), rsa_eay_pub_enc() will be called and then your ibmca_bn_mod_exp()...

Just have a look at the source code to have the exact name of the method and see how ENGINE is handle.

Fred