Could we have more details on the FIPS 3.0 plans?

Could we have more details on the FIPS 3.0 plans?

Nelson Caro
Dear Reader:

I know that it may be early in the FIPS process, so the answer may not be ready.  Could you provide us with more details as to the objectives for the FIPS Object Module 3.0?  In particular, my company would like to know the estimated timetable for it to get certified, and whether Microsoft Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft Windows Server 2016 are included.

(I had looked at the "FIPS module 3.0" wiki page, https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/FIPS_module_3.0 , but it has not been updated since Mar 14.)

Nelson D. Caro
Embedded Software Engineer  |  Compunetix, Inc.
2420 Mosside Blvd  |  Monroeville, PA 15146  |  www.compunetix.com

Re: Could we have more details on the FIPS 3.0 plans?

Paul Dale
It is early in the FIPS process.  Design and planning stages.  At this point, we do not know for certain:

1. which algorithms will be validated;
2. what platforms they will be validated on or
3. when the formal validation will begin.

The decision making processes take time and while I'm confident some aspects of the first two points are known, they've not been formally codified.

Pauli
--
Oracle
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption

2420 Mosside Blvd  |  Monroeville, PA 15146  |  www.compunetix.com [hidden email]