Converting PEM formatted key to PKCS8 format.

Converting PEM formatted key to PKCS8 format.

Sanjay Vivek
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to convert a PEM formatted key to a PKCS8 format with the command
shown below but I can't seem to get the intended PKCS8 format file.. I've
also added the output I get once I use the command shown below. Any sort of
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

C:\OpenSSL\bin>openssl pkcs8 -in C:\pki\reto.key -topk8 -nocrypt \ -outform
DE -out reto.key.pkcs8

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIBVAIBADANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAASCAT4wggE6AgEAAkEAykjZ+Pp73+/CrS+T
cQlAlp4sLqD2weHgUXBUuXeR0yFOVg+QQMVKqwMRtLebDa44ufAq7kZxJAZ31j0P
GFbdVwIDAQABAkEAj7OTTaG8MIimFtwOdSWqgZVaM8Hbqj5pWdFgDuWXbZEde+HV
b2SZ2pYx1FUrTsgOD2Z2ELD9NQH+tWgs0efpWQIhAPydYSYE6K30KBOSg8fkpbKP
suiqeqwW+A9l3owNi/udAiEAzP7PJYhaZGE1WuG25dbkhn93HOloupZNFqZnqQ3E
zIMCIFXyzgz7epdFDSWrof6vAtmAHuUeq+JFZl0G0fNg4JHZAiB3xloaP/UwuWuH
UmKfIFQeEdPy3J4Ih1E7brcam6TlKQIgF9E2/EKwClWRd7Fod0mhCO+yWL0wZxLa
J3XEBHbv7PM=
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

winmail.dat (2K) Download Attachment

RE: Converting PEM formatted key to PKCS8 format.

Sanjay Vivek
I figured out what the error was and it was a syntax error! The forward
slash (\) in the middle shouldn't be there. Cheers.

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment