Compiling openssl executable as static binary

Compiling openssl executable as static binary

Any help/pointers on compiling openssl library to generate static version of openssl executable for ARM64 bit linux platform will help.

Thanks,

Raveendra

Re: Compiling openssl executable as static binary

Dr Paul Dale
Link against the generated .a files rather than the .so ones?

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption
Phone +61 7 3031 7217

On 23 May 2019, at 4:26 pm, Raveendra Padasalagi via openssl-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Any help/pointers on compiling openssl library to generate static version of openssl executable for ARM64 bit linux platform will help.

Thanks,
Raveendra

RE: Compiling openssl executable as static binary

OpenSSL - User mailing list

Yes Paul.

I tried following steps:

export INSTALLDIR=/tmp/openssl_arm

export OPENSSLDIR=/tmp/openssl_arm

export PATH=$INSTALLDIR/bin:$PATH

export CROSS=aarch64-linux-gnu

export CC=${CROSS}-gcc

export LD=${CROSS}-ld

export AS=${CROSS}-as

export AR=${CROSS}-ar

export AR=${CROSS}-ar

./Configure linux-arm64 no-shared

make

make install

Thanks,

Raveendra

Re: Compiling openssl executable as static binary

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
How static do you want it to be?  There is the configuration option
'-static' that makes the binary as independent as possible, i.e. even
links it with static libc.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         [hidden email]

Re: Compiling openssl executable as static binary

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Thanks Richard, this is what I was expecting. It worked.

Configure script is not showing this option.

Configuring OpenSSL version 3.0.0-dev for target
Using os-specific seed configuration
Usage: Configure [no-<cipher> ...] [enable-<cipher> ...] [-Dxxx] [-lxxx] [-Lxxx] [-fxxx] [-Kxxx] [no-hw-xxx|no-hw] [[no-]threads] [[no-]shared] [[no-]zlib|zlib-dynamic] [no-asm] [no-egd] [sctp] [386] [--prefix=DIR] [--openssldir=OPENSSLDIR] [--with-xxx[=vvv]] [--config=FILE] os/compiler[:flags]

Regards,
Raveendra

--
Richard Levitte         [hidden email]