Compiling on AIX

Art Lemuel
I received an error when compiling on AIX 7.1 using both cc and gcc.  The 'ar' command fails with a message that / is not a valid flag when it tries to create the new archive file.  I changed the ARFLAGS variable to ARFLAGS= -q -X32 in the make file and the archive was created and the object files added.

I am working though some other issues (for test purposes).  Currently we are using 1.0.2n with FIPS so we will not be moving to the new version until after FIPS certification.

My programming knowledge has become somewhat out of date as I now work as a system administrator with little need for programming skills.  So if I am missing something obvious here, please correct me.

Art

Re: Compiling on AIX

OpenSSL - User mailing list

FYI, FIPS does not work for 1.1.x.

Re: Compiling on AIX

Art Lemuel
I was aware of that which is the reason that I indicated we would not be looking at it until that certification was complete.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

FYI, FIPS does not work for 1.1.x.

Re: Compiling on AIX

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
Thank you, that was an omission on our part.  Fixed here:

    https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5386

Cheers,
Richard

In message <CAFVWEzVd7igh=[hidden email]> on Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:53:52 -0500, Jerry L <[hidden email]> said:

artlemuel> I failed to point out that I was test compiling the 1.1.1 version. I apologize for that omission.
artlemuel>
artlemuel> Jerry L
artlemuel>
artlemuel> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Jerry L <[hidden email]> wrote:
artlemuel>
artlemuel>  I received an error when compiling on AIX 7.1 using both cc and gcc. The 'ar' command fails
artlemuel>  with a message that / is not a valid flag when it tries to create the new archive file. I changed
artlemuel>  the ARFLAGS variable to ARFLAGS= -q -X32 in the make file and the archive was created and
artlemuel>  the object files added.
artlemuel>
artlemuel>  I am working though some other issues (for test purposes). Currently we are using 1.0.2n with
artlemuel>  FIPS so we will not be moving to the new version until after FIPS certification.
artlemuel>
artlemuel>  My programming knowledge has become somewhat out of date as I now work as a system
artlemuel>  administrator with little need for programming skills. So if I am missing something obvious
artlemuel>  here, please correct me.
artlemuel>
artlemuel>  Art
artlemuel>

Re: Compiling on AIX

Paul Dale

It’s been like this for about three weeks now.  I’ve not had a chance to look into addressing the issue.

Pauli

--

Oracle

Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption

Phone +61 7 3031 7217

Oracle Australia