Compile EC(Elliptic Curve) crypto

Chitrang Srivastava
Hi,

I am porting Openssl 1.1.1b for an embedded platform.
I see that EC folder generate some of function in assembly  for e.g
These functions are generated based on environment like x86-64/ppc/armv8 etc.
Is there any C version of these function to use directly ?

Re: Compile EC(Elliptic Curve) crypto

OpenSSL - User mailing list
On 03/06/2019 14:35, Chitrang Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting Openssl 1.1.1b for an embedded platform.
> I see that EC folder generate some of function in assembly for e.g
> These functions are generated based on environment like
> x86-64/ppc/armv8 etc.
> Is there any C version of these function to use directly ?
> Thanks,

All algorithms etc. are available as C code, the assembler optimizations
are used if they exist for a compilation target and have not been
explicitly disabled with the configure option "no-asm".

Because embedded platforms often have slow CPUs, keeping the assembler
optimizations enabled is especially advantageous on such systems.

Enjoy

Jakob

Re: Compile EC(Elliptic Curve) crypto

Chitrang Srivastava
Thanks,
I will check out.

--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  https://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10