Compatibility between different openssl versions

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compatibility between different openssl versions

sanjaya joshi
Hello,
Whether openssl 1.0.x and 1.1.x can interwork ?
That is, whether TLS client on top of openssl 1.1.x and TLS server on top of openssl 1.0.x (or vice versa) can interwork efficiently ?

Regards,
Sanjaya

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compatibility between different openssl versions

Matt Caswell-2


On 27/11/17 08:47, Sanjaya Joshi wrote:
> Hello,
> Whether openssl 1.0.x and 1.1.x can interwork ?
> That is, whether TLS client on top of openssl 1.1.x and TLS server on
> top of openssl 1.0.x (or vice versa) can interwork efficiently ?

Yes - absolutely.

Matt

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compatibility between different openssl versions

sanjaya joshi
Thank you for the confirmation Matt.

Regards,
Sanjaya

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Matt Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:


On 27/11/17 08:47, Sanjaya Joshi wrote:
> Hello,
> Whether openssl 1.0.x and 1.1.x can interwork ?
> That is, whether TLS client on top of openssl 1.1.x and TLS server on
> top of openssl 1.0.x (or vice versa) can interwork efficiently ?

Yes - absolutely.

Matt

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compatibility between different openssl versions

OpenSSL - User mailing list
In reply to this post by sanjaya joshi
  • Whether openssl 1.0.x and 1.1.x can interwork ?

 

Yup.  As long as they share a TLS version, no problem.


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compatibility between different openssl versions

sanjaya joshi
Hi,
Thank you Salz Rich. It's clear now.

Regards,
Sanjaya

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
  • Whether openssl 1.0.x and 1.1.x can interwork ?

 

Yup.  As long as they share a TLS version, no problem.


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users



--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users