Ciphers in X509 certificate

am0ykam0te
Can anybody help me in steps in creating a certificate with a specific cipher supported

Re: Ciphers in X509 certificate

Samy Thiyagarajan

Can anybody help me in steps in creating a certificate with the cipher RSA_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA

hi,
You can find documentation about certificate creation in the following link..

http://www.openssl.org/docs/HOWTO/certificates.txt

hope this helps,
Samy

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006, am0ykam0te (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

> Can anybody help me in steps in creating a certificate with the cipher
> RSA_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA..

No because your question doesn't make sense. That algorithm is an SSL/TLS
cipher which doesn't have much to do with certificates. The only certificate
requirement is that the server certificate contains an RSA key.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: Ciphers in X509 certificate

am0ykam0te
i see.. we just updated our current OpenSSL and added this cipher and whenever we try to establish a connection it keeps on using other ciphers.. how can i test this cipher?

Re: Ciphers in X509 certificate

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006, am0ykam0te (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

> i see.. we just updated our current OpenSSL and added this cipher and
> whenever we try to establish a connection it keeps on using other ciphers..
> how can i test this cipher?

Well one way is to set the server cipher list so it *only* supports that
cipher. Then a client will eithr use it or fail.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.