Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary

Jagannadha Bhattu
Hi,

Can some one let me know if the SSL protocol specification mandates changes to these values frequently in an ongoing connection?

If not how to enable it using APIs?

Thanks
JB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary

Jagannadha Bhattu
Hi,

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks
JB

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jagannadha Bhattu G <[hidden email]>
Date: Mar 6, 2006 6:49 PM
Subject: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary
To: [hidden email]

Hi,

Can some one let me know if the SSL protocol specification mandates changes to these values frequently in an ongoing connection?

If not how to enable it using APIs?

Thanks
JB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary

jimmy-6
Jagannadha Bhattu G wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody help me with this?
>
> Thanks
> JB
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: *Jagannadha Bhattu G* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Mar 6, 2006 6:49 PM
> Subject: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary
> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,
>
> Can some one let me know if the SSL protocol specification mandates
> changes to these values frequently in an ongoing connection?
>
> If not how to enable it using APIs?
>
> Thanks
> JB

This would be a renegotiation. You can do it via a
SSL_renegotiate()/SSL_do_handshake() sequence.


-jb
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary

Jagannadha Bhattu
Thanks Jimmy

On 3/8/06, jimmy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jagannadha Bhattu G wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody help me with this?
>
> Thanks
> JB
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: *Jagannadha Bhattu G* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Mar 6, 2006 6:49 PM
> Subject: Changing session key, IV & HMAC key regulary
> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,
>
> Can some one let me know if the SSL protocol specification mandates
> changes to these values frequently in an ongoing connection?
>
> If not how to enable it using APIs?
>
> Thanks
> JB

This would be a renegotiation. You can do it via a
SSL_renegotiate()/SSL_do_handshake() sequence.


-jb
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                     [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]