Certificate Expiry and pem file

Prabu
 HI,

One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their side as it is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They have provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I understand that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone help me in achieveing this.

Thanks in Advance.

Prabu.

Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

Larry Bugbee-2
> One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their
> side as it
> is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They
> have
> provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I
> understand
> that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone
> help me
> in achieveing this.

try:  openssl x509 < nameofcerfile.cer > nameofpemfile.pem

Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

Larry Bugbee-2
> One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their
> side as it
> is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They
> have
> provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I
> understand
> that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone
> help me
> in achieveing this.

to convert to pem, try:
    openssl x509 < nameofcerfile.cer > nameofpemfile.pem

if all you want to do is see it, try:
    openssl x509 -text < nameofcerfile.cer

Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

Prabu
Oh that worked.........Thank you very much :)
Larry Bugbee-2 wrote
> One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their
> side as it
> is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They
> have
> provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I
> understand
> that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone
> help me
> in achieveing this.

to convert to pem, try: