Quantcast

Can SSL_CTX_set_tmp_ecdh_callback be used to set ECDHstatic ciphers ?

Can SSL_CTX_set_tmp_ecdh_callback be used to set ECDHstatic ciphers ?

krish
I am a beginer to the openssl world :)

I was coding a simple TLS client/server C code for simulating a ECDH* key
exchange scenario.

In the server code, after creating the SSL context, i have the
SSL_CTX_set_tmp_ecdh_callback() procedure in place to set the EC_KEY from
a named curve.

I was able to make the server choose TLS_ECDHE_* ciphers for RSA and ECDSA
algorithms.
However my doubt is whether SSL_CTX_set_tmp_ecdh_callback() api lets the
server choose TLS_ECDH_* ciphers as well ?

If i make the client send only TLS_ECDH_* cipher suites in the clientHello,
the server breaks the connection stating "no shared cipher". With my
repeated tries i was not able to simulate the scenario.

Please give me some insight for the same.

Regards,
krish