CVE-2019-1552 clarification

Quanah Gibson-Mount
As someone who does build OpenSSL on windows, my gist is that if I use a
non-default OPENSSLDIR I'm ok?  Can someone confirm?  Thanks!

I.e., I use --openssldir=/opt/symas/ssl

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect
<http://www.symas.com>

Re: CVE-2019-1552 clarification

Matt Caswell-2

On 30/07/2019 16:49, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> As someone who does build OpenSSL on windows, my gist is that if I use a
> non-default OPENSSLDIR I'm ok?  Can someone confirm?  Thanks!
>
> I.e., I use --openssldir=/opt/symas/ssl

As long as your non-default location is suitably protected to stop untrusted
users from making changes to config files/default engines etc, then you are fine.

Matt