Building OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi

I try build OpenSSl for Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor.
So far as I understand this problem reduced to building OpenSSL for
"linux-generic64" as target.
(
https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf
<https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf>
)
I use next string for configure:

/perl ./Configure --prefix=D:\openssl\bin shared linux-generic64/

configure.png <http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/file/t10172/configure.png>
but makefile not change.

Please, help me build OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi.

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html

Re: Building OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
From the look of that PNG, you're building in a native Windows
environment.  The ony configs available in the main source are for
Visual C, and are configured like this:

    perl Configure --prefix=D:\openssl\bin shared VC-WIN64A

If you meant to cross compile for a Linux, I do not have an answer for
you.  In that case, it would probably be better if you could build
directly on the intended box.

Cheers,
Richard

In message <[hidden email]> on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:12:34 -0700 (MST), Miguel_Diaz <[hidden email]> said:

doroshenkoay> Hi,
doroshenkoay> I try build OpenSSl for Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor.
doroshenkoay> So far as I understand this problem reduced to building OpenSSL for
doroshenkoay> "linux-generic64" as target.
doroshenkoay> (
doroshenkoay> https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf
doroshenkoay> <https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf>
doroshenkoay> )
doroshenkoay> I use next string for configure:
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay> /perl ./Configure --prefix=D:\openssl\bin shared linux-generic64/
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay> configure.png <http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/file/t10172/configure.png>
doroshenkoay> but makefile not change.
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay> Please, help me build OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi.
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay> Thanks!
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay>
doroshenkoay> --
doroshenkoay> Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html
doroshenkoay>

Re: Building OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi

Jan Just Keijser-2
Hi,

On 14/11/17 10:25, Richard Levitte wrote:

>  From the look of that PNG, you're building in a native Windows
> environment.  The ony configs available in the main source are for
> Visual C, and are configured like this:
>
>      perl Configure --prefix=D:\openssl\bin shared VC-WIN64A
>
> If you meant to cross compile for a Linux, I do not have an answer for
> you.  In that case, it would probably be better if you could build
> directly on the intended box.

good catch - but that is an issue that is hard to overcome with the
(almost obsolete) Xeon Phi COprocessors.
Normally you'd build a cross-compile for the Phi on the host system
using the Intel C/C++ compiler, by adding a flag "-mmic" (or /mmic) to
the CFLAGS variable.
On Linux, this is easy to do - I have built several versions of OpenSSL
for the KNC Xeon Phi. For Windows, however, you are stuck between an
OpenSSL environment which only supports VC and an Intel/Xeon Phi
environment which insists that you use ICC with the flag "-mmic" .

The question asked by the original poster is better answered on the
Intel MIC developer forum.

cheers,

JJK / Jan Just Keijser

> In message <[hidden email]> on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:12:34 -0700 (MST), Miguel_Diaz <[hidden email]> said:
>
> doroshenkoay> Hi,
> doroshenkoay> I try build OpenSSl for Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor.
> doroshenkoay> So far as I understand this problem reduced to building OpenSSL for
> doroshenkoay> "linux-generic64" as target.
> doroshenkoay> (
> doroshenkoay> https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf
> doroshenkoay> <https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeon-phi-tm-cluster-configuration_1.pdf>
> doroshenkoay> )
> doroshenkoay> I use next string for configure:
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay> /perl ./Configure --prefix=D:\openssl\bin shared linux-generic64/
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay> configure.png <http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/file/t10172/configure.png>
> doroshenkoay> but makefile not change.
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay> Please, help me build OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi.
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay> Thanks!
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay>
> doroshenkoay> --
> doroshenkoay> Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html
> doroshenkoay>

Re: Building OpenSSL for Intel Xeon Phi

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Thank for your answer, it is very helpful:
I build OpenSSL with a Linux installed on the virtual box.
I think it's much easier than looking for solutions on a Windows.

best regards,

Alexander.

--
Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html