Backup of existing ssl connection

Manish Patidar
Hi

I want to take backup of existing ssl connection. Use this backup connection in other slave board. This  backup include keys and sequence no, ssl version etc.
Is Openssl support any api to take backup of existing ssl connection?

Regards
Manish

Re: Backup of existing ssl connection

OpenSSL - User mailing list

>I want to take backup of existing ssl connection. Use this backup connection in other slave board. This  backup include keys and sequence no, ssl version etc.

>Is Openssl support any api to take backup of existing ssl connection?

No.  This is not currently possible, and is unlikely to ever happen in OpenSSL.  It’s too hard.

Re: Backup of existing ssl connection

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Agreed, Iooked at this when creating a failover service, and trying to replicate all the TCP and TLS data ended up using significant CPU processing and network bandwidth that it wasn’t worth it; in addition to intrusive OpenSSL changes.

You should try to have a way to detect and re-establish a failed connection; it’s significantly easier to do, and requires no modification of the OpenSSL code. Alternatively, having two simultaneous connections might work out.
--
-Todd Short
// "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."