BIO definitions missing in 0.9.8k

Paul Suhler
BIO definitions missing in 0.9.8k

Hi, all.

I'm trying to upgrade from 0.9.8i to 0.9.8k for an embedded application.  There are two new files in crypto/bio that are having undefined symbols, and I can't find the symbols defined anywhere in the code:

bio_asn1.c:
BIOC_C_SET_EX_ARG
BIO_C_SET_PREFIX
BIO_C_GET_PREFIX
BIO_C_GET_SUFFIX
asn1_ps_func
and others

bio_ndef.c:
ASN1_STREAM_ARG
ASN1_F_BIO_NEW_NDEF

I'm apparently skipping some (new?) step in the build process.  Can anyone tell me how these symbols are created?

Thanks very much,

Paul
___________________________________
Paul A. Suhler
| Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office: 949.856.7748 | [hidden email]
___________________________________
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below.  The information contained in this transmission is not confidential.  Permission is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further distribute to any individuals or organizations, without restriction.

Re: BIO definitions missing in 0.9.8k

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Fri, Aug 07, 2009, Paul Suhler wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from 0.9.8i to 0.9.8k for an embedded application.
> There are two new files in crypto/bio that are having undefined symbols,
> and I can't find the symbols defined anywhere in the code:
>
> bio_asn1.c:
> BIOC_C_SET_EX_ARG
> BIO_C_SET_PREFIX
> BIO_C_GET_PREFIX
> BIO_C_GET_SUFFIX
> asn1_ps_func
> and others
>
> bio_ndef.c:
> ASN1_STREAM_ARG
> ASN1_F_BIO_NEW_NDEF
>
> I'm apparently skipping some (new?) step in the build process.  Can
> anyone tell me how these symbols are created?

I'm not sure what you are doing but those symbols are not in th 0.9.8 source
tree at all, they are part of the streaming ASN1 interface which is only in
1.0.0.

RE: BIO definitions missing in 0.9.8k

Paul Suhler
RE: BIO definitions missing in 0.9.8k

Hmm.  I just pulled 0.9.8k down again, and they're in the tree.  asn_mime.c also contains some of the stream symbols.

Are the streaming ASN.1 interface files included but not supposed to be built?

Thanks,

Paul

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009, Paul Suhler wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from 0.9.8i to 0.9.8k for an embedded application.
> There are two new files in crypto/bio that are having undefined symbols,
> and I can't find the symbols defined anywhere in the code:
>
> bio_asn1.c:
> BIOC_C_SET_EX_ARG
> BIO_C_SET_PREFIX
> BIO_C_GET_PREFIX
> BIO_C_GET_SUFFIX
> asn1_ps_func
> and others
>
> bio_ndef.c:
> ASN1_STREAM_ARG
> ASN1_F_BIO_NEW_NDEF
>
> I'm apparently skipping some (new?) step in the build process.  Can
> anyone tell me how these symbols are created?

I'm not sure what you are doing but those symbols are not in th 0.9.8 source
tree at all, they are part of the streaming ASN1 interface which is only in
1.0.0.

Steve.

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.