BER to DER conversion

Lincoln-9
Hello all,

   Does OpenSSL have a routine to convert BER encoded
blob into DER encoded blob?

  I need this because I am integrating OpenSSL with a
HSM which exports RSA public key to BER blob, but
OpenSSL internal routines expect DER encoded blob.

   If you can point me to the right location, I'd
highly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dr. Wu

Re: BER to DER conversion

Tan Eng Ten
Hi,

You may be in for some luck, the FAQ says "...OpenSSL ASN1 decoders can
process BER."

Give it a try and see if OpenSSL is able to decode what your HSM
exports. No guarantees and don't quote me.