Authentication error

David Templar
Why will a ca generated in openssl result in an authentication error if
this root cert is installed on a phone? I am using the root cert to
validate a java signed "midlet" for a phone...

The phone does not use any other certs to validate my cert and it does
not access the web to validate a cert.

Maybe I am doing soemthing wrong or my .cnf file is not good. I am using
the standard openssl.cnf file.

Any help? ANy suggestions on generation the ca cert?