Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

P.M

Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

P.M
Hi,

I'm desesperated !
It's now more than 14 hours that i'm trying to make my apache server works with SSL.

I have the following error (see the attached screenshot).

I used a port scanner to check if my port 443 was not used by something else, but NO.

Do you have any idea, from where could come my issue ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen

Apache_SSL.gif (43K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

Lance Nehring
Looks like you're on windows. Are you sure that IIS is turned off?
www.sysinternals.com will have tools to determine what process is
holding TCP/443 open.

P.M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm desesperated !
> It's now more than 14 hours that i'm trying to make my apache server
> works with SSL.
>
> I have the following error (see the attached screenshot).
>
> I used a port scanner to check if my port 443 was not used by
> something else, but NO.
>
> Do you have any idea, from where could come my issue ?
>
> thanks a lot,
> Maileen

> Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
> Photo Books
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photobooks/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38088/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=photobook_splash.html>.
> You design it and we’ll bind it!

P.M

Re: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

P.M
Thanks Lance, but i already control if no other application use this port via TCPview and Active ports.....and 443 is not used :-(

and yes, i'm on Windows XP.

Do you have another idea ?

Maileen

P.M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm desesperated !
> It's now more than 14 hours that i'm trying to make my apache server
> works with SSL.
>
> I have the following error (see the attached screenshot).
>
> I used a port scanner to check if my port 443 was not used by
> something else, but NO.
>
> Do you have any idea, from where could come my issue ?
>
> thanks a lot,
> Maileen

> Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
> Photo Books
> .
> You design it and we�ll bind it!

Yahoo! Photos

Re: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

Lance Nehring
What version of Apache? Is it native windows or cygwin?
It'll need to run a as privileged user to open TCP 443.  Also the
firewall must be off, or be configured to allow TCP 443 to be opened by
the Apache process.

P.M wrote:

> Thanks Lance, but i already control if no other application use this
> port via TCPview and Active ports.....and 443 is not used :-(
>
> and yes, i'm on Windows XP.
>
> Do you have another idea ?
>
> Maileen
>
> */Lance Nehring <[hidden email]>/* wrote:
>
>     Looks like you're on windows. Are you sure that IIS is turned off?
>     www.sysinternals.com will have tools to determine what process is
>     holding TCP/443 open.
>
>     P.M wrote:
>
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I'm desesperated !
>     > It's now more than 14 hours that i'm trying to make my apache
>     server
>     > works with SSL.
>     >
>     > I have the following error (see the attached screenshot).
>     >
>     > I used a port scanner to check if my port 443 was not used by
>     > something else, but NO.
>     >
>     > Do you have any idea, from where could come my issue ?
>     >
>     > thanks a lot,
>     > Maileen
>     >
>     >
>     > Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
>     > Photo Books
>     > .
>     > You design it and we�ll bind it!
>     >
>     >

> Yahoo! Photos
> Got holiday prints? See all the ways
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/holidayprints/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38089/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//print_splash>
> to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Re: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

Richard Salz
It is more likely that you are wrong, and that Apache is not wrong, even
in windows.

Can you do "telnet {yourhost} 443" and see if you get a connection?

Review your Apache configuration files -- did you set up a duplicate
server on port 443?

        /r$

--
SOA Appliance Group
IBM Application Integration Middleware

RE: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

Tom Horstmann
Dear Maileen,

                > It's now more than 14 hours that i'm trying to make my
apache server
                > works with SSL.
                >
                > I have the following error (see the attached screenshot).
                >
                > I used a port scanner to check if my port 443 was not used
by
                > something else, but NO.

please see
http://forums.devshed.com/apache-development-15/apache-error-could-not-bind-
address-38813.html

Or google yourself on "make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down" or parts of that string.

hth,

TomH

--
PROSOFT EDV-Loesungen GmbH & Co. KG              http://www.proSoft.org
St.-Kassians-Platz 6, D-93047 Regensburg      [hidden email]

P.M

Re: Apache HTTP v2.0.52 and SSL

P.M

native windows.
and firewall is well setup as it works now.
see previous message.