Any hints to enhance the tunnel setup rate

Any hints to enhance the tunnel setup rate

Chinmaya Dwibedy
Hi,
I modified the strongswan (5.0.4) code to write a new DH backend i.e., implemented the diffie_hellman_t  interface so as to use Octeon Core Crypto Library APIs.   Run with 100k IPsec tunnels with DH group 1 (Encryption algo: AES and integrity algorithm: SHA1) and found the tunnel setup rate to be 160 (approximately). Note that, with gmp library (using the same set of parameters), the setup rate was found out to be 120-125. The Octeon Core Crypto Library provides API's on Octeon for Crypto acceleration and DH operation.
In addition what are the other ways to seep up the setup rate? If I use the strongswan’s openssl plugin, how can I take advantage of an openssl engine API to accelerate crypto/DH in user space? Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Regards,
Chinmaya