Adding support for OS/2 back to Open SSL 1.1.1.

Adding support for OS/2 back to Open SSL 1.1.1.

Roderick Klein
Hello,

New to this list. I am looking at compiling OpenSSL 1.1.1. on OS/2 with
GCC. Would OpenSSL be willing to accept patches to re-enable OS/2 in the
OpenSSL ?

Best regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE

Re: Adding support for OS/2 back to Open SSL 1.1.1.

Matt Caswell-2

On 17/08/2020 23:55, Roderick Klein wrote:
> New to this list. I am looking at compiling OpenSSL 1.1.1. on OS/2 with
> GCC. Would OpenSSL be willing to accept patches to re-enable OS/2 in the
> OpenSSL ?

Such patches are unlikely to be accepted into 1.1.1 since that is a
stable release.

3.0 is still in development but with a beta due in about 9 days at which
point we hit feature freeze and no new platforms will be allowed.

I have no idea if anyone actually uses OS/2. Generally speaking such
platforms are community supported - so if there is someone willing to do
the port and its not egregiously invasive to the current code then we
tend to accept such PRs. But if the community support then goes away it
may get removed again from future versions.

Matt