Quantcast

Adding new key exchange to OpenSSL

Richard Collins
Hello

I'm looking at adding functionality to OpenSSL and need some help with
where to start.
I'd like to add a component to OpenSSL, ether externally to the library
or by modifying the library, which provides symmetric key to the
encryption algorithms. I'm hoping to be able to insert my key generator
into the system using the cypher description to modify the key exchange,
rather than EDH for example.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

--

Richard Collins
Senior Research Associate in Networks

Re: Adding new key exchange to OpenSSL

Salz, Rich
Look at the PSK ciphers; the callbacks should be able to call your generator...

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
Member, OpenSSL Dev Team

Re: Adding new key exchange to OpenSSL

Richard Collins
Thankyou, the SSL_*_set_psk_*_callback functions look like they're
exactly what I need. I just need to work out which callbacks to use.