Adding custom OBJ identifiers

Dmitry Belyavsky-3
Hello,

What is best practice to add own object identifiers to the crypto/objects/* files?

It's not a problem to add all the necessary strings to the crypto/objects/objects.txt file and invoke 'make generate_crypto_objects', but during the branch development, the changes in the main openssl branch usually cause numerous merge conflicts. So any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky

Re: Adding custom OBJ identifiers

Hubert Kario
On Thursday, 31 January 2019 11:09:00 CET Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is best practice to add own object identifiers to the crypto/objects/*
> files?
>
> It's not a problem to add all the necessary strings to the
> crypto/objects/objects.txt file and invoke 'make generate_crypto_objects',
> but during the branch development, the changes in the main openssl branch
> usually cause numerous merge conflicts. So any advice is appreciated.

why using oid_section in config file
(https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/man5/config.html) is not workable for
you?

Hubert Kario
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 115, 612 00  Brno, Czech Republic

Re: Adding custom OBJ identifiers

Dmitry Belyavsky-3
Dear Hubert,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 6:52 PM Hubert Kario <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday, 31 January 2019 11:09:00 CET Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is best practice to add own object identifiers to the crypto/objects/*
> files?
>
> It's not a problem to add all the necessary strings to the
> crypto/objects/objects.txt file and invoke 'make generate_crypto_objects',
> but during the branch development, the changes in the main openssl branch
> usually cause numerous merge conflicts. So any advice is appreciated.

why using oid_section in config file
(https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/man5/config.html) is not workable for
you?

I need to add the NIDs to some internal openssl lists, such as algorithm identifiers for TLS ciphersuites.

On Monday, 4 February 2019 16:56:56 CET Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:

> Dear Hubert,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 6:52 PM Hubert Kario <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thursday, 31 January 2019 11:09:00 CET Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What is best practice to add own object identifiers to the
> >
> > crypto/objects/*
> >
> > > files?
> > >
> > > It's not a problem to add all the necessary strings to the
> > > crypto/objects/objects.txt file and invoke 'make
> >
> > generate_crypto_objects',
> >
> > > but during the branch development, the changes in the main openssl
> > > branch
> > > usually cause numerous merge conflicts. So any advice is appreciated.
> >
> > why using oid_section in config file
> > (https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/man5/config.html) is not workable
> > for
> > you?
>
> I need to add the NIDs to some internal openssl lists, such as
> algorithm identifiers for TLS ciphersuites.
ah, sorry, too much ASN.1 recently, I immediately equated OBJ identifiers with
OIDs