Acessing a proxy with OpenSSL

Marcos Bontempo
Hello,

I'm using this example to make a SSL connection: http://fm4dd.com/openssl/sslconnect.htm.
Now I want to also acess a HTTPS proxy. Is there a way to acess a HTTPS proxy with the OpenSSL library?

Any tip will be very helpful,
Thanks.

Re: Acessing a proxy with OpenSSL

Bernhard Fröhlich-2
Am 28.01.2016 um 12:02 schrieb Marcos Bontempo:
Hello,

I'm using this example to make a SSL connection: http://fm4dd.com/openssl/sslconnect.htm.
Now I want to also acess a HTTPS proxy. Is there a way to acess a HTTPS proxy with the OpenSSL library?

Any tip will be very helpful,
Thanks.

See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS and http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.

AFAIK OpenSSL does not provide specific support for SSL via proxy, but you can set up a SSL connection using the CONNECT request to the proxy.

Using a proxy for SSL connection does not make sense if you want to take advantage of a proxy's caching feature, since these CONNECT requests cannot be cached. This is by design.

Using a proxy for SSL can be useful if you want to avoid NAT, or want to log, or filter, the connection targets.

Hope this helps,
Ted
;)
--
PGP Public Key Information
Key ID = 7AFB8D26

Re: Acessing a proxy with OpenSSL

Marcos Bontempo
Thanks for your answer!

Have you got a C example using the CONNECT request to the proxy?
In this case I want to avoid NAT.

It helped a lot!
Thanks.

To: [hidden email]