Access clienthello in openssl1.1.0

Zeyuan Yu
Hi All,

Is there still a way to access client hello in 1.1.0?

Before 1.1.0 I can just access the internal `s->init_msg`. And starting 1.1.1, APIs are provided for the client hello. But there doesn't seem to be similar methods in 1.1.0.

-Best,
Zeyuan
--
work-eat-sleep--400090.jpg

Zeyuan Yu
Assoc Software Development Engineer, Oath

m: 217.369.5086

Re: Access clienthello in openssl1.1.0

OpenSSL - User mailing list
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:32:11AM -0500, Zeyuan Yu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there still a way to access client hello in 1.1.0?
>
> Before 1.1.0 I can just access the internal `s->init_msg`. And starting
> 1.1.1, APIs are provided for the client hello. But there doesn't seem to be
> similar methods in 1.1.0.

I don't believe so, and it's unclear that this qualifies as a "missing
accessor" that would be eligible to get fixed in 1.1.0 as a bugfix.  So
I think your main option is to move to 1.1.1, at this point.

-Ben