About 1.0.2p version release !!

Hareesh D
Hi,

Anyone know when is the official release of 1.0.2p version? Is it possible to get such info about openssl version plan ?

Thanks !!

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

Juan Isoza
and final 1.1.1

1.0.2p is for 14 august

Le lun. 6 août 2018 à 15:00, Hareesh D <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

Anyone know when is the official release of 1.0.2p version? Is it possible to get such info about openssl version plan ?

Thanks !!

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

Matt Caswell-2

On 08/08/18 04:31, Juan Isoza wrote:
> and final 1.1.1

There is no date yet. We are still waiting on the official publication
of the TLSv1.3 RFC which we anticipate happening any day now. Once that
happens there will be another 1.1.1 beta release cycle soon after.
Assuming no major issues are identified in that beta the final release
should happen soon after that.

Matt

> 1.0.2p is for 14 august
>
> Le lun. 6 août 2018 à 15:00, Hareesh D <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Anyone know when is the official release of 1.0.2p version? Is it
>     possible to get such info about openssl version plan ?
>
>     Thanks !!

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

The Doctor
On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 09:27:43AM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 08/08/18 04:31, Juan Isoza wrote:
> > and final 1.1.1
>
> There is no date yet. We are still waiting on the official publication
> of the TLSv1.3 RFC which we anticipate happening any day now. Once that
> happens there will be another 1.1.1 beta release cycle soon after.
> Assuming no major issues are identified in that beta the final release
> should happen soon after that.
>
> Matt

MAtt how compatible is 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 brach?

Will applicaions like NAmed, Exim, clamav, INND, proftpd, pure-ftpd,
and apache et al work?

> > 1.0.2p is for 14 august
> >
> > Le??lun. 6 ao??t 2018 ????15:00, Hareesh D <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> a ??crit??:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     Anyone know when is the official release of 1.0.2p version? Is it
> >     possible to get such info about openssl version plan ?
> >
> >     Thanks !!
> >     --

https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.  -Blaise Pascal

On 08/08/18 13:39, The Doctor wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 09:27:43AM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:
>>

>> On 08/08/18 04:31, Juan Isoza wrote:
>>> and final 1.1.1
>>
>> There is no date yet. We are still waiting on the official publication
>> of the TLSv1.3 RFC which we anticipate happening any day now. Once that
>> happens there will be another 1.1.1 beta release cycle soon after.
>> Assuming no major issues are identified in that beta the final release
>> should happen soon after that.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> MAtt how compatible is 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 brach?
>
> Will applicaions like NAmed, Exim, clamav, INND, proftpd, pure-ftpd,
> and apache et al work?

Well, I've not tested those applications but the intention is that it
should be a drop in replacement and fully API/ABI compatible. However
there are some potential "gotcha's" with TLSv1.3 which could cause some
problems for some applications. This is primarily because the TLSv1.3
protocol is significantly different to TLSv1.2 and below. See:

https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3

Matt

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 01:46:54PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 08/08/18 13:39, The Doctor wrote:

> >> There is no date yet. We are still waiting on the official publication
> >> of the TLSv1.3 RFC which we anticipate happening any day now. Once that
> >> happens there will be another 1.1.1 beta release cycle soon after.
> >> Assuming no major issues are identified in that beta the final release
> >> should happen soon after that.
> >>
> >> Matt
> >>

> > MAtt how compatible is 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 brach?
> >
> > Will applicaions like NAmed, Exim, clamav, INND, proftpd, pure-ftpd,
> > and apache et al work?
>
> Well, I've not tested those applications but the intention is that it
> should be a drop in replacement and fully API/ABI compatible. However
> there are some potential "gotcha's" with TLSv1.3 which could cause some
> problems for some applications. This is primarily because the TLSv1.3
> protocol is significantly different to TLSv1.2 and below. See:
>
> https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3
>
> Matt

Right when will TLSv1.3 be officially recognised?

On 08/08/18 21:15, The Doctor wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 01:46:54PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:

>>> MAtt how compatible is 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 brach?
>>>
>>> Will applicaions like NAmed, Exim, clamav, INND, proftpd, pure-ftpd,
>>> and apache et al work?
>>
>> Well, I've not tested those applications but the intention is that it
>> should be a drop in replacement and fully API/ABI compatible. However
>> there are some potential "gotcha's" with TLSv1.3 which could cause some
>> problems for some applications. This is primarily because the TLSv1.3
>> protocol is significantly different to TLSv1.2 and below. See:
>>
>> https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3
>>
>> Matt
>>

> Right when will TLSv1.3 be officially recognised?

Like I said above we anticipate the RFC publication happening any day
now. I am hopeful it could happen this week.

Matt

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

Juan Isoza

So we can (saying 75% of chance) IETF RFC then openssl pre9 before  24 august, and if no major bug, a release of openssl before october...

Next step will help users with recent Linux (and other) distribution packaged with openssl 1.1.0 switch without risk to openssl 1.1.1 to offer TLS 1.3 (for server by example). But this is another thing..

regards

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

RFC 8446 (TLS 1.3) was just published about ~30 minutes ago.

--
-Todd Short
// Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 8, 2018, at 4:22 PM, Matt Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Well, I've not tested those applications but the intention is that it
>>> should be a drop in replacement and fully API/ABI compatible. However
>>> there are some potential "gotcha's" with TLSv1.3 which could cause some
>>> problems for some applications. This is primarily because the TLSv1.3
>>> protocol is significantly different to TLSv1.2 and below. See:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>

>> Right when will TLSv1.3 be officially recognised?
>
> Like I said above we anticipate the RFC publication happening any day
> now. I am hopeful it could happen this week.
>
> Matt

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

Dennis Clarke-2
On 08/10/2018 08:27 PM, Short, Todd via openssl-users wrote:
> RFC 8446 (TLS 1.3) was just published about ~30 minutes ago.

Wonderful !

Todd are you okay[1] with your name being here :

                 https://www.tls13.net/

Given that your name is in the maillist I figured .. sure, most likely
  .. but it is best to ask.

Dennis

Re: About 1.0.2p version release !!

OpenSSL - User mailing list

That site can’t be reached… (at least by me, unless it requires TLSv1.3…)

--

-Todd Short

// [hidden email]

// "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."

On 08/14/2018 04:06 AM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> It does (and that's the whole point of it)
>

> On 13-08-18 05:31, Short, Todd via openssl-users wrote:
>>
>> That site can’t be reached… (at least by me, unless it requires TLSv1.3…)
>>
>> --
>>
>> -Todd Short
>>
>> // [hidden email]
>>
>> // "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."

It is definately TLS 1.3 only and there is a link to drag out all the
various variables of the session. There is a Mozilla site also but
https://tls13.crypto.mozilla.org/ really doesn't tell you anything.

dc