ASN1 Sequence unpack problem

Enis Arif
Please, if someone can give me an answer to my
problem, because I have to take a decision to use
openssl for the project or not. Is it feasible to
modify the d2i_ASN1_SET/ASN1_item_d2i/ASN1_item_ex_d2i
behavior or is it an easier way to do it?

Re: ASN1 Sequence unpack problem

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006, Enis Arif wrote:

> Please, if someone can give me an answer to my
> problem, because I have to take a decision to use
> openssl for the project or not. Is it feasible to
> modify the d2i_ASN1_SET/ASN1_item_d2i/ASN1_item_ex_d2i
> behavior or is it an easier way to do it?

It isn't at all clear what you are trying to do. It sounds like an attempt to
manually write an ASN1 parser. If so then using OpenSSLs internal ASN1 parser
with an appropriate modules is a better option.

Alternatively you can turn an ASN1_TYPE structure back into the encoding using
i2d_ASN1_TYPE().

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: ASN1 Sequence unpack problem

Enis Arif
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I'll try to clear up a
few things: I don't want to rewrite the ASN1 parser,
but I want to be able to decode each value separately.
I already have classes that, using the openssl parser,
decode the basic types (integer, enum, octet string,
bit string etc). So, I want my sequence class to
handle only the decoding of the sequence, and return a
stack with the members, and each member will be
decoded by its own class.

I also thought of re-encoding the data returned by
ASN1_seq_unpack_ASN1_TYPE, but I want to know if this
is the only way to do it using openssl, or is there
any other, more elegant, option?

Thank you,
Enis