[ANN] M2Crypto 0.26.2

Matěj Cepl
Hi, everybody,

after a way too long time I have another version of M2Crypto. Despite
the deceptively minor version number (0.26.2; it is mistake, it has all
right to be called 0.27.0, but the release is already on PyPI, sorry)
this was a lot of work.

The biggest achievement here is compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.0 (while
still maintaining compatibility all the way to RHEL-6, that's Python 2.6
and OpenSSL 1.0.1e, but I think we should be compatible even with older
versions of OpenSSL). A lot of work on that was done by Jim Carroll
(does anybody have a better email address for him than [hidden email]
which bounces for me?), and I wouldn't be able to do anything without
help of my colleague Tomáš Mráz from Red Hat.

Thank you!

I see a Debian bug https://bugs.debian.org/827061 and I hope that this
release may be a way how to create a proper fix for it.

This is still python 2 only release.

Of course any help on python3 porting branch
(https://gitlab.com/m2crypto/m2crypto/merge_requests/65) is very
welcome!

Happy security hacking!

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat

[ANN] M2Crypto 0.26.3

Matěj Cepl
On 21/09/17 00:26, Matej Cepl wrote:
> after a way too long time I have another version of M2Crypto. Despite
> the deceptively minor version number (0.26.2; it is mistake, it has all
> right to be called 0.27.0, but the release is already on PyPI, sorry)
> this was a lot of work.

Oh well, so I have forgot one syntax error in a C file. I have no idea
why it wasn't caught by CI, but there is quick 0.26.3 release available
now on PyPI.

Oh well,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: [hidden email]
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Quod fuimus, estis; quod sumus, vos eritis.

[ANN] M2Crypto 0.26.4

Matěj Cepl
One more bugfix release, fixing one silly FTBFS presenting itself on
systems with OpenSSL 1.1.0 and LibreSSL (if anybody can provide some
testing experience with LibreSSL and file bugs at
https://gitlab.com/m2crypto/m2crypto/issues it would be very helpful).

I am sorry,

Matěj