AES in counter mode support in openssl

Saimohan Gajula
Hi all,

I was working on the Openssl1.0.0a version for AES cryptographic support in counter mode i.e; AES-CTR mode. I did not find any support added to the openssl1.0.0a version. I wanted to ask that is there support for AES counter mode in openssl?? if Yes which version of Openssl support AES counter mode?? if no I wanted to know why the support for AES counter mode is not added into the openssl??

Any help or answers in this regard will be really useful for me. Thanks for all in Advance. please do give me some answers for my questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Mohan.

Re: AES in counter mode support in openssl

Matt Caswell (frodo@baggins.org)
Hi Sai

Looking at the source code it seems that AES-CTR is #defined out in
1.0.0a. It is there in the latest 1.0.1 version however.

Make sure you are using the EVP interface, and the following CTR modes
are available (as defined in evp.h):
const EVP_CIPHER *EVP_aes_256_ctr(void);
const EVP_CIPHER *EVP_aes_192_ctr(void);
const EVP_CIPHER *EVP_aes_128_ctr(void);

Hope that helps

Matt