3 failures with Openssl 3 alpha

The Doctor
1) The openssh project does not work  openssh 8.4+

2) Rust and OPEnssl 3 are not agrreing

3) ca_root_nss project and openssl 3 have a difference of opinion.

BC save the Province; on 24 October 2020, vote Liberal and not NDP!

Re: 3 failures with Openssl 3 alpha

Thomas Dwyer III
On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 7:33 AM The Doctor <[hidden email]> wrote:
1) The openssh project does not work  openssh 8.4+

This is a problem with the openssh codebase and not with openssl. You asked about this in openssh-unix-dev back in July. I posted this reply in August. The issue is that openssh needs the "current" IV state (which the now-deprecated EVP_CIPHER_CTX_iv() used to return) but it's calling the wrong openssl function to obtain it. See PR #12233 for additional discussion.

Regards,
Tom.III

On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 09:54:48AM -0700, Thomas Dwyer III wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 7:33 AM The Doctor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > 1) The openssh project does not work  openssh 8.4+
> >

> This is a problem with the openssh codebase and not with openssl. You asked
> <https://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2020-July/038686.html>
> about this in openssh-unix-dev back in July. I posted this reply
> <https://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2020-August/038737.html>
> in August. The issue is that openssh needs the "current" IV state (which
> the now-deprecated EVP_CIPHER_CTX_iv() used to return) but it's calling the
> wrong openssl function to obtain it. See PR #12233
> <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/12233> for additional discussion.
>

> Regards,
> Tom.III

Will forward to openssh .